Contact us about Economic Development opportunities.
Economic Development Officer - Jessica Robert
Business Development Officer - Hoss Pelletier
Energy Initiatives Officer - Melissa McDonald
Comprehensive Community Planner -
"Red Rock Indian Band envisions a future where economic opportunities are enabled, providing long-lasting measurable benefits to community members; A future where investments create significant positive impacts throughout the community in the pursuit of economic sustainability; and, A future where there is a strong and diversified economy that supports the development of a viable, healthy, vital and sustainable community."
Red Rock Band Economic Development Strategy
The Red Rock Band Economic Development Strategy is a framework that aims to support the increased personal, family and community health of our First Nation through greater participation in the economy.
Our economic strategy leverages the strengths of our people and our traditional knowledge to build opportunity and prosperity for current and future generations. We believe that economic participation and development are key to creating more empowered people and includes education, employment & training, growing First Nation business, and leveraging private investment and partnerships.
Economic Development Officer (EDO)
The EDO duties have been broken down into five categories, with the overall objective of facilitating and supporting Red Rock Indian Band in their efforts to obtain economic development.
- Identify and promote improvements and expansion of existing businesses.
- Identify and promote new business opportunities.
- Initiate and conduct discussions and negotiations with the private and public sector regarding economic development initiatives.
- Provide advice to businesses and the Band Council on economic development initiatives.
- Obtain contributions and other financial support for community-based economic development initiatives.
- Identify and promote tourism/eco-tourism related opportunities.
- Complete and submit training plans to funding agencies in an attempt to train and secure employment for unemployed members of the Red Rock Indian Band.
- Identify the needs of the community members
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding economic development
- Initiate and conduct research projects
- Research specific topics the Band is interested in
- Identify employment opportunities and train requirements of members
- Establish a statistical and resource library for the use of the members of the Red Rock Indian Band
- Maintain active contacts with other business staff, colleagues, community leaders and financial source.
- Act as a facilitator and coordinator of interactions between government, business and industry.
- Represent the economic development interests of the Red Rock Indian Band at all times.
- Provide consulting/counseling services to community businesses
- Provide access to private and public sector financial business agencies
- Publish information and promotional literature
- Represent and act as a spokesperson for the economic development of the Red Rock Indian Band
- Promote public relations with agencies and other interested bodies.
- Develop and maintain complete records of economic development activities.
- Maintain regular monthly activity reports.