To enquire about any existing job opportunities please contact the Band Office. Employment opportunities are also included in our weekly newsletter, which can be viewed here.
Summer Student Employment
Due to the limited amount of funding and the increasing amount of students, the following policy was developed to assist the Red Rock Indian Band in hiring students. Summer student employment will run during the months of July and August. The duration of employment will be dependent upon available funding.
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Grades 9 and 10 must have enrolled in and successfully completed 8 courses throughout the year
- Grades 11 and 12 must have registered and successfully completed 6 courses or more throughout the year
- Attendance is mandatory
- Absolutely No skipping and No suspensions
- All courses completed successfully
- Please Note: if the following documents are not submitted you will not be considered for employment.
- Attendance Records (Obtain from your school)
- Final report card
- Social Insurance Number
- Student Information Form and Consent to Release Form (available at the band office)
- Resume and cover letter
Students who do not submit their application with all the required documents or submit late will NOT be considered for student employment.
The Red Rock Indian Band will ensure that Homemakers are qualified to provide services in accordance with the Homemakers and Nurse Services Act. Qualifications of a Homemaker must be documented and maintained by the Red Rock Indian Band.
- Qualifications of homemakers include personal or work history in operation and management of a household in domesticated chores that should include cooking, cleaning and caring for children,
- Annual medical examination and certification by a physician who states that he or she is in good health and physically fit for the duties as a Homemaker,
- The Homemaker should be sensitive to the wellbeing of the children and families and those who are elderly, handicapped (disabled), ill or convalescent,
- Experience and knowledge that will meet the needs of clients and/or families and not to become emotionally attached to their work environment;
- Homemakers should be able to teach basic homemaking skills through instruction and demonstration. Ex: Showing individuals organizational skills organizing a closet or cupboard, how to wash clothes, time management, cooking and meal preparation, how to care and instruct child (ren) using proper parenting skills and techniques
In the Homemakers and Nurse Services Act it states there is a minimum level of qualifications outlined for a homemaker, they must be:
- Qualified by training or experience to perform homemaking services.
- Annually certified by a physician that they are in good health and physically fit for the duties of homemaking.
- Sympathetic to the welfare of children and families and to those who are elderly, disabled, ill or recovering from an illness.
- Experienced and knowledgeable enough to meet the needs of the persons and families for whom they act as a homemaker with the ability to cope with their problems.
- Able to use their homemaking skills in a simple, practical manner of instruction and demonstration.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Police Record check (CPIC) current, within 2 years
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Immunization and Health Records
- WHMIS training
- Safe Food Handler’s Certificate
- Personal Support Work Certificate
Please apply at the band office.
Updated April 19, 2017